Government will construct ‘U’ islet for Patimban seaport: Official
The Jakarta Post
The West Java provincial administration has prepared a location for a reclamation project to create a new islet for the Patimban seaport in Subang, an official has said.
“The new islet is in the form of a U, the inside of which will be the seaport. The plan has been made,” said the economic and development assistant to the West Java provincial administration, Deny Juanda Puradimaja, as reported by tempo.co on Monday.
The Patimban seaport project has two parts – one that would be developed on the new 350-hectare U islet and the other that would be developed on a 250- to 300-hectare plot of land, Deny added.
Both parts will be connected by two bridges, one 900 meters long and another 800 meters long, Deny said, adding that the bridges would be developed to prevent the mangroves in nearby areas from being disrupted.
Meanwhile, the environmental impact analysis (Amdal) document is being finalized by the Environment and Forestry Ministry, he said.
Meanwhile, the West Java administration and the West Java Legislative Council had revised Bylaw No. 22/2010 concerning the space required to accommodate the development of the Patimban seaport, Deny said.
Because of the project, the central government and the House of Representatives are also required to revise the national spatial law. (bbn)
You might also like :
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Supreme Court receives Ahok’s case review petition
- Visitors flock to Kopi Johny to talk to Hotman Paris Hutapea about legal matters
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- Myanmar seizes drugs and equipment worth $7 m in lab raid
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq