Former PKS secretary general dies at 52
The Jakarta Post
Former Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) secretary general Taufik Ridho died at the Cipto Mangunkusumo General Hospital (RSCM) on Monday morning following complication from various illnesses. He was 52 years old.
Taufik is survived by his wife and seven children. His body will be buried in Karawang, West Java, on Monday afternoon, according to Antara news agency.
Taufik Ridho succeeded Anis Matta as the party’s secretary general when the latter was appointed as chairman to replace Lutfi Hasan Ishaaq in February 2013. Lutfi was arrested by the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) over a graft case involving meat imports in 2013.
Taufik resigned from his position only last month due to poor health.
House of Representatives (DPR) Deputy Speaker Fahri Hamzah wrote on Twitter, “Let us pray for [Taufik]. We did not expect that he had been ill for several years.”
Taufik was also a businessman and was known as an expert on Islamic economics. He was once a member of the observer board for sharia-compliant private banks. (kkk)
You might also like :
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Saudi Arabia's foreign minister to visit Indonesia
- In China's Catholic heartland, Vatican deal brings Communist Party closer
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Latest list of Michelin stars in Seoul released
- The other side of Korea: Art, food and history