Former NU chairman Hasyim Muzadi passes away
The Jakarta Post
Presidential Advisory Board (Wantimpres) member Hasyim Muzadi passed away on Thursday in his hometown of Malang, East Java. He was 72 years old.
The former chairman of the country's largest Muslim organization Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) died at his residence in the compound of the Pesantren Mahasiswa Al-Hikam Islamic boarding school after being treated at the Lavalette Hospital for five days.
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo and First Lady Iriana Widodo visited Hasyim, a member of Jokowi's campaign team for the 2014 presidential election, in Malang on Wednesday.
(Read also: Jokowi visits ailing adviser Hasyim Muzadi in Malang)
Hasyim reportedly suffered from exhaustion after recently visiting Australia for five days and visiting several places in Indonesia.(jun)
You might also like :
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- For the sake of integrity
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady