Interpol, FBI to help investigate pedophile group
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police will cooperate with global investigators to track down members of a pedophile group that produced and distributed pornography through a Facebook account that had 7,497 members.
The group, named Official Candy Group, which was established in September 2014, was managed by a 25-year-old man identified as Wawan, along with three others as administrators, all of whom have been arrested.
Following the allegations of foreign pedophilia syndicates linked to the group, Jakarta Police director of special crimes Sr. Comr. Wahyu Hadiningrat said the police would cooperate with Interpol and the FBI.
“We have tracked down 11 groups connected to international networks,” said Wahyu, adding that members of the group also came from Argentina, Peru and the US.
Prior to blocking the Facebook page, the police found some 500 videos and 100 pictures of child pornography, with victims aged from two to 10.
The police have so far located eight victims who were abused by administrators of the group. “There is a possibility that there are more victims,” said Wahyu as quoted by tempo.co on Wednesday.
The police are looking for other suspects of the child pornography network, he said. (dea)
You might also like :
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash