Interpol, FBI to help investigate pedophile group
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police will cooperate with global investigators to track down members of a pedophile group that produced and distributed pornography through a Facebook account that had 7,497 members.
The group, named Official Candy Group, which was established in September 2014, was managed by a 25-year-old man identified as Wawan, along with three others as administrators, all of whom have been arrested.
Following the allegations of foreign pedophilia syndicates linked to the group, Jakarta Police director of special crimes Sr. Comr. Wahyu Hadiningrat said the police would cooperate with Interpol and the FBI.
“We have tracked down 11 groups connected to international networks,” said Wahyu, adding that members of the group also came from Argentina, Peru and the US.
Prior to blocking the Facebook page, the police found some 500 videos and 100 pictures of child pornography, with victims aged from two to 10.
The police have so far located eight victims who were abused by administrators of the group. “There is a possibility that there are more victims,” said Wahyu as quoted by tempo.co on Wednesday.
The police are looking for other suspects of the child pornography network, he said. (dea)
You might also like :
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- Ahok's controversial speech not aimed at wooing voters: Expert
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- West Kalimantan authorities uncover new drug smuggling technique