Jakarta election debate to be held on April 12
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta General Elections Commission (KPU Jakarta) has announced that only one more official candidate debate would be held ahead of the runoff in the capital’s gubernatorial election. That debate is scheduled for April 12.
Just like the debates ahead of the first round in the election, the upcoming one would start at 7.30 p.m., KPU Jakarta head Sumarno said on Thursday, adding that the commission had not yet decided on the venue, the moderator or the topics to be debated.
“We will determine the debate format this week by inviting representatives of the campaign teams for a discussion,” he said at his office in Salemba, Central Jakarta.
Sumarno said the commission would formulate a debate that enabled all candidates to sharpen their visions and missions.
The debate would touch on different themes than the debates held on Jan. 13, Jan. 27 and Feb. 10.
Even if the themes covered matters discussed in the previous debates, the questions would be more specific this time, he said.
Sumarno added that the commission would engage CNN TV, Kompas TV, Jak TV and SCTV as host stations for the debate, which would also be broadcast by nine other television stations.
- Jakarta shocked by deadly bombings days before Ramadhan
- #PrayForJakarta, #KamiTidakTakut trend worldwide following bomb blast
- Film inspired by 212 rally to hit cinemas
- Kampung Melayu suicide bomber identified
- UK issues travel warning after Kampung Melayu bombings
- Police find links between Jakarta twin bombings and Bandung bombing
- East Jakarta suicide blasts likely linked to IS: Police
- Pressure cooker bombs used in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- Jakarta bombing attack a retaliation against police: Analyst
- Jakarta suicide bombing kills three police officers