Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
The Jakarta Post
An Indonesian man has been found dead inside the belly of a seven-meter-long python, a local media reports.
Akbar Salubiro had not been seen since setting off to harvest palm oil in a remote village on the island of Sulawesi. The 25-year-old man was missing since March 26.
A search found the giant python sprawled out next to his garden with the 25-year-old’s boots clearly visible in its stomach, according to tribunsulbar.com.
Villagers then used a large knife to cut open the snake’s belly slowly revealing the father-of-two’s body.
The horrifying footage shows the corpse being slowly removed from the killer reptile as the leathery skin is peeled away.
Akbar's neighbor Satriawan said: "He was found in the location of the garden.
"Initially Akbar set out from his home to go to harvest palm. After not returning to his home, people looked for him."
Akbar's wife, Munu, was away at the time and only found out when pictures and video emerged in the news, Tribun Timur said.
Village secretary Salubiro Junaidi said: "People had heard cries from the palm grove the night before Akbar was found in the snake’s stomach.
"When the snake was captured, the boots Akbar was wearing were clearly visible in the stomach of the snake.
"Resident cut open the belly of the snake and Akbar was lifeless."
Reticulated pythons suffocate their victims before swallowing them whole, reports said.
You might also like :
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Robin Williams possessions up for auction in New York
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter