Anies, Sandiaga win in all Jakarta municipalities, regency
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
Governor-elect and deputy governor-elect, Anies Baswedan and Sandiaga Uno, were voted for by the majority of voters in all five municipalities and the Thousand Islands regency, according to a vote count by the Jakarta General Elections Commission’s (KPU Jakarta) offices on Thursday.
In South Jakarta, Anies and Sandiaga garnered 754,665 votes while Jakarta Governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama and his running mate, Djarot Saiful Hidayat, got 459,639 votes.
In Central Jakarta, Anies and Sandiaga won 333,033 votes while the incumbent pair only got 243,416 votes. The Anies-Sandiaga pair was backed by 466,340 voters while the incumbent was supported by 418,068 voters in North Jakarta.
Anies-Sandiaga got 684,980 votes in West Jakarta while Ahok-Djarot received 611,759 votes. In East Jakarta, Anies-Sandiaga got 993,173 votes while Ahok-Djarot won only 612,093 votes.
In Thousand Islands regency, where Ahok delivered a speech several Muslims believe to have contained blasphemous remarks, Anies and Sandiaga were favored by most of the voters, obtaining 8,796 votes, while Ahok and Djarot were favored only by 5,391 voters.
KPU Jakarta's Sumarno said the commission would announce the results of recapitulation on the provincial level on May 4. (ebf)
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- For the sake of integrity
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady