BREAKING NEWS: Eyewitness hears "two explosions" erupt in East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
An eyewitness has told a TV station over the phone that he heard two explosions erupt at a Transjakarta bus stop nearby the Kampung Melayu bus terminal in East Jakarta on Wednesday evening.
Joni told MetroTV that the traffic was busy when the first blast erupted.
"The situation turned chaotic and then the second explosion was heard," Joni said.
Body parts have been spotted at the blast scene, Joni said, adding that people injured in the blast have been taken to a nearby hospital.
Some of those injured are thought to be police officers.
A police bomb squad has been deployed and the blast scene has been cordoned off.
The police have yet confirm whether the explosions have caused any fatalities.
Meanwhile, Transjakarta spokesman Wibowo said no Transjakarta passengers were injured in the explosions.
However, he said the impact of the explosions had ripped through nearby a bus shelter, shattering the windowpanes.
Transjakarta has now redirected several bus routes to avoid the blast scene. (dmr)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Indonesia records US$1.82 billion trade deficit in October