BREAKING NEWS: Suicide bomber, policeman killed in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
Safrin La Batu
The Jakarta Post
At least five people have fallen victim to a bomb blast near a Transjakarta bus station in Kampung Melayu in East Jakarta, National Police deputy chief Comr. Gen. Syafruddin said on Wednesday.
At least two people have been killed in the attack, the suspected suicide bomber and policeman Sec. Brig. Taufan.
'"There are five victims. Five policeman, one of whom was killed," Syafruddin said, adding that the other four policemen had been badly injured in the blast.
“I want to express my sympathies. An explosion has occurred. For the time being, we are treating it as a suicide bombing. We believe there is a single perpetrator. We have not yet identified the perpetrator,” Syafruddin said.
The explosion took place at around 9 p.m., Jakarta time.
Traffic around the scene has been blocked off and the police are investigating the explosion.
If the police are correct and this is indeed a suicide bomb attack, it will be one of several such attacks that have targeted the police in Indonesia. (bbs)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- University student ‘pseudo poll’: LGBT behavior caused by keeping wrong company...
- ASEAN ministers sign agreement on e-commerce