Bike-riding ‘begal’ haunt Jakartans
Winda A. Charmila
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Jakartans usually welcome the holy month of Ramadhan with joy as practicing Muslims race to do good deeds and people reunite with their friends and families. But this time, the fasting month was preceded by a crime wave in the capital as news channels and social media feeds were inundated by stories of begal (violent robbers) brutally assaulting motorcyclists leading to severe injuries and deat...
You might also like :
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand
- Trump lashes out at Russia probe as 'McCarthyism'
- Model claiming Trump secrets pleads not guilty in Thailand case
- Asian Games: We need more experience, says Indonesia wrestling team after failur...
- Four Japan athletes booted from Asian Games in prostitute scandal