Bike-riding ‘begal’ haunt Jakartans
Winda A. Charmila
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Jakartans usually welcome the holy month of Ramadhan with joy as practicing Muslims race to do good deeds and people reunite with their friends and families. But this time, the fasting month was preceded by a crime wave in the capital as news channels and social media feeds were inundated by stories of begal (violent robbers) brutally assaulting motorcyclists leading to severe injuries and deat...
You might also like :
- Is one day strolling in Seoul enough?
- Album Review: 'Automatic for the people' by R.E.M
- At least 200 killed in gun and bomb attack on mosque in Egypt
- Saudi crown prince calls Iran's supreme leader 'new Hitler'
- Luhut rejects PLN’s wish to review agreements with power producers
- Tourism ministry holds human resources training in Surabaya
- Police uncover alleged human trafficking of Indonesians into China
- Jokowi inaugurates Silangit International Airport
- Indonesian, Japanese fishermen await repatriation after capsizing
- Ministers plan talks on request to block Airbnb