Bike-riding ‘begal’ haunt Jakartans
Winda A. Charmila
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Jakartans usually welcome the holy month of Ramadhan with joy as practicing Muslims race to do good deeds and people reunite with their friends and families. But this time, the fasting month was preceded by a crime wave in the capital as news channels and social media feeds were inundated by stories of begal (violent robbers) brutally assaulting motorcyclists leading to severe injuries and deat...
You might also like :
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- No more Qlue as Jakarta administration introduces BERiDE
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi