Police drop report filed against Jokowi’s son
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have decided to drop the hate speech report filed by a man against President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s youngest son, Kaesang Pangarep.
The evidence presented by the accuser, Muhammad Hidayat, of a YouTube video made by Kaesang was not enough to be investigated any further, Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Raden Prabowo Argo Yuwono said.
“The complainant came to us without bringing physical evidence. He should have provided the video evidence on a flash disk or compact disc,” he said as quoted by tempo.co on Friday.
Hidayat reported Kaesang over Kaesang’s Youtube video entitled “Bapak Minta Proyek” (Father, I ask for a project).
Hidayat claims that Kaesang broadcast hate speech for using condescending words like Ndeso, which means villagers. In the video, which has garnered 2 million views, Kaesang criticizes nepotism and the intolerance that erupted during the 2017 Jakarta gubernatorial elections.
Hidayat himself is a suspect for allegedly broadcasting hate speech. His case is still being investigated by the Jakarta Police. (vny/rin)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Chengdu tops list as China's happiest city
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut