Semanggi interchange named as Ahok suggested
The Jakarta Post
A new overpass in Central Jakarta will be named Simpang Susun Semanggi (Semanggi Interchange) as suggested by its initiator, former governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama during his tenure, an official has said.
Speaking after a leadership meeting at City Hall on Monday, Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat said the meeting had agreed upon the name of the interchange as well as discussed progress in its construction.
“It remains the same with the initial concept delivered by Pak Basuki. The name will also remain the same and I already asked for a gubernatorial decree [be prepared] on its name,” Djarot said.
The decree will be sent to President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, who is scheduled to inaugurate the interchange on Independence Day on Aug.17.
Djarot added that the decree should be issued before July 29, because there would be a soft launch for the interchange on that date. (wnd/vny)
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Opposition questions Jokowi’s policy on foreign workers
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance