Semanggi interchange named as Ahok suggested
The Jakarta Post
A new overpass in Central Jakarta will be named Simpang Susun Semanggi (Semanggi Interchange) as suggested by its initiator, former governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama during his tenure, an official has said.
Speaking after a leadership meeting at City Hall on Monday, Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat said the meeting had agreed upon the name of the interchange as well as discussed progress in its construction.
“It remains the same with the initial concept delivered by Pak Basuki. The name will also remain the same and I already asked for a gubernatorial decree [be prepared] on its name,” Djarot said.
The decree will be sent to President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, who is scheduled to inaugurate the interchange on Independence Day on Aug.17.
Djarot added that the decree should be issued before July 29, because there would be a soft launch for the interchange on that date. (wnd/vny)
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival
- Saung Angklung Udjo holds seventh Angklung Pride in Bandung