Semanggi interchange named as Ahok suggested
The Jakarta Post
A new overpass in Central Jakarta will be named Simpang Susun Semanggi (Semanggi Interchange) as suggested by its initiator, former governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama during his tenure, an official has said.
Speaking after a leadership meeting at City Hall on Monday, Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat said the meeting had agreed upon the name of the interchange as well as discussed progress in its construction.
“It remains the same with the initial concept delivered by Pak Basuki. The name will also remain the same and I already asked for a gubernatorial decree [be prepared] on its name,” Djarot said.
The decree will be sent to President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, who is scheduled to inaugurate the interchange on Independence Day on Aug.17.
Djarot added that the decree should be issued before July 29, because there would be a soft launch for the interchange on that date. (wnd/vny)
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Patek Philippe’s Calatrava Ref. 6006G: where graphic elegance meets ultra-thin design