Semanggi interchange named as Ahok suggested
The Jakarta Post
A new overpass in Central Jakarta will be named Simpang Susun Semanggi (Semanggi Interchange) as suggested by its initiator, former governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama during his tenure, an official has said.
Speaking after a leadership meeting at City Hall on Monday, Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat said the meeting had agreed upon the name of the interchange as well as discussed progress in its construction.
“It remains the same with the initial concept delivered by Pak Basuki. The name will also remain the same and I already asked for a gubernatorial decree [be prepared] on its name,” Djarot said.
The decree will be sent to President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, who is scheduled to inaugurate the interchange on Independence Day on Aug.17.
Djarot added that the decree should be issued before July 29, because there would be a soft launch for the interchange on that date. (wnd/vny)
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Gatot order on PKI film could create division: PDI-P
- Singapore IS fighter challenges Prince Harry in video
- ‘Unicorn Gundam’ illuminated, dazzles in official unveiling