Semanggi interchange named as Ahok suggested
The Jakarta Post
A new overpass in Central Jakarta will be named Simpang Susun Semanggi (Semanggi Interchange) as suggested by its initiator, former governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama during his tenure, an official has said.
Speaking after a leadership meeting at City Hall on Monday, Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat said the meeting had agreed upon the name of the interchange as well as discussed progress in its construction.
“It remains the same with the initial concept delivered by Pak Basuki. The name will also remain the same and I already asked for a gubernatorial decree [be prepared] on its name,” Djarot said.
The decree will be sent to President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, who is scheduled to inaugurate the interchange on Independence Day on Aug.17.
Djarot added that the decree should be issued before July 29, because there would be a soft launch for the interchange on that date. (wnd/vny)
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Foreign tourists flocked to Penyengat Island Festival 2017
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move