Polytechnic dedicated to tourism to be constructed in Lombok
The Jakarta Post
The Tourism Ministry is set to kick off the construction of the Lombok State Tourism Polytechnic in Puyung village, Central Lombok regency, West Nusa Tenggara (NTB), on Aug. 10.
The ministry’s deputy for institutional development, Ahman Sya, said the school would be built on a 20 hectare plot of land and would cost roughly Rp 1.5 trillion (US$113 million).
The money for the school will be allocated from the state budget.
“This year the government allocates Rp 130 billion from the budget and Rp 180 billion in 2018 for the construction,” he said during a coordination meeting at a hotel in the provincial capital of Mataram on Friday.
“The construction will be managed by state-owned construction company PT Brantas Abipraya,” he added.
Ahman explained that the construction would be conducted concurrently with the construction of a similar school in Palembang, South Sumatra.
There are currently four educational institutions dedicated to tourism in Indonesia, namely the Bali State Tourism Institute, the Bandung State Tourism Institute in West Java, the Makassar State Tourism Polytechnic in South Sulawesi and the Medan State Tourism Polytechnic in North Sumatra.
Ahman said a school dedicated to tourism in Lombok was crucial for the nation's development in the tourist sector.
NTB Tourism Agency head Mohammad Faozal said the Lombok polytechnic had been actually running since 2016 but it does not yet have its own building.
“I hope with the new building the school can accommodate more students,” he said. (ecn/bbs)
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target
- West Java residents return to their homes after deadly tremor
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief