E. Manggarai farmers honor nature, ancestors with Umbiro
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The people of East Manggarai in Flores, East Nusa Tenggara, have a high regard for paddy, a staple food crop they call “Mother of the Earth.” Around 90 percent of the regency’s residents work as farmers, cultivating rice crops either on unirrigated agricultural fields or wet rice fields. As the East Manggarai people live in unity with nature, they show their respect for t...
You might also like :
- BTS’ ‘DNA’ enters Billboard’s 100 Best Songs of 2017
- Indonesian court rejects petition to outlaw premarital, gay sex
- Bali still safe for tourists: Governor
- Court ruling on extramarital, gay sex draws mixed reactions from netizens
- Indonesia under threat of deviant sexual practices: IPB professor
- Quebec probes ban on women at construction sites near mosques
- Indonesia's asbestos 'time bomb'
- City council building façade bulges out causing closure of footpath
- Pertamina to upgrade 3 refineries for processing sour crude oil
- Contemporary Minang dance praised in Vienna