I’m no dictator: Jokowi
Haeril Halim and Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Former president Soeharto was nicknamed “the smiling general,” even though he was widely feared for his authoritarian brand of leadership that allowed him to rule over the country for 32 years. Nearly a decade after Soeharto’s death, Indonesia’s current leader, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, is rebuffing a label circulating on social media calling him an aut...
You might also like :
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration