Indonesia works with 28 local brands to promote tourism
The Jakarta Post
The Indonesian government has agreed to cooperate with 28 local brands to carry out a joint promotion as stipulated in a memorandum of understanding (MoU), signed in Jakarta on Thursday.
Under the MoU, the 28 local brands will join the Wonderful Indonesia tourism campaign.
Tourism Minister Arief Yahya called the cooperation part of the government’s effort to strengthen “Indonesia incorporated” – a program to promote Indonesia through tourism, products and culture.Read also: Indonesia wins big at ASEANTA Awards for Excellence 2017
“Indonesia Incorporated is important to support the tourism industry, which is expected to become the main contributor to state revenue in the future,” Arief said in Jakarta.
The 28 brands are Martha Tilaar, JJ Royal, Polygon, Sahid Group, Tiket.com, Alleira Batik & Gaia, Sunpride, Sarinah, Rumah Zakat, Sido Muncul, Kalbe Farma, Javara, Datascript, CRP (Up Normal), Sekar Group, Krisna Oleh-Oleh, Secret Garden, Sababay Wine, Bon Gout, Achilles, Garuda Food, Batik Trusmi, Dapur Solo, Malang Strudel, Batik Danar Hadi, TVRI, Telkomsel and PT Pos Indonesia.
Each brand that is part of the Wonderful Indonesia Co-Branding (WICF) forum is expected to take part in promoting Indonesian tourism, the minister added.
Arief said that the government would limit the partnership to 100 to maintain a level of exclusivity. (bbn)
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Microsoft urges regulation of face-recognizing tech
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Learning from France’s multiculturalism, World Cup run
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Tokyo’s reign as world’s largest city fades
- Airbus near blockbuster $23 billion jet sale to AirAsia