Jusuf Kalla dispels rumor about poor health
The Jakarta Post
Vice President Jusuf Kalla has dismissed rumors circulating on social media that he is ill.
“You can see, I am perfectly healthy, right? Healthy, healthy,” the vice president told reporters at his office in Jakarta on Friday.
He said he did not understand how fake news about him being ill could spread online. He decided to immediately hold a press conference to clarify the matter.
“I just heard about it this morning,” he said.
A Whatsapp message claiming that Kalla was sick and had been transferred to Singapore for treatment has been circulating since Thursday. There was also a picture of him supposedly in an ambulance.
He said he had been conducting his usual activities for the past few days.
On Friday, Kalla participated in a Cabinet meeting with President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo.
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste