Jusuf Kalla dispels rumor about poor health
The Jakarta Post
Vice President Jusuf Kalla has dismissed rumors circulating on social media that he is ill.
“You can see, I am perfectly healthy, right? Healthy, healthy,” the vice president told reporters at his office in Jakarta on Friday.
He said he did not understand how fake news about him being ill could spread online. He decided to immediately hold a press conference to clarify the matter.
“I just heard about it this morning,” he said.
A Whatsapp message claiming that Kalla was sick and had been transferred to Singapore for treatment has been circulating since Thursday. There was also a picture of him supposedly in an ambulance.
He said he had been conducting his usual activities for the past few days.
On Friday, Kalla participated in a Cabinet meeting with President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo.
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Taliban kill 30 soldiers in first major attack since ceasefire, governor says
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow