Trade Expo seals $16m trading contracts on first day
The Jakarta Post
The Trade Expo Indonesia 2017 recorded US$16.07 million in trading contracts on its first day at the Indonesian Convention Exhibition (ICE) BSD in South Tangerang, Banten, on Wednesday.
"This buying mission will continue until the last day of the expo," said the Trade Ministry's export development director general, Arlinda, in a statement released on Thursday.
The $16.07 million in contracts comes from buyers from three countries: Australia, Singapore and Spain.
A buying mission from Australia signed $13.9 million worth of contracts on hotel and tourism related goods and services with PT Sukamulia Mandiri Agung.Read also: Trade Expo Indonesia 2017 kicks off at new, bigger ICE
Meanwhile, the buying mission from Singapore signed $1.1 million in contracts on food and beverages with PT Sinar Sosro, and a mission from Spain signed a $1 million furniture contract with CV Abad Jepara.
The expo, the biggest trade event in Indonesia organized by the ministry, takes place from Oct.11 to 15.
It aims to book $1.1 billion transactions by the end of the event, a 7.8 percent increase from the $1.02 billion it booked in the same event last year.
The expo displays various goods and services from more than 1,000 local producers and traders. Indonesia aims to jack up its non-oil-and-gas exports by 5.6 percent to $138.65 billion. As of August, 71.2 percent of the target or $98.8 had been pocketed. (bbn)
- Xpress Air prepares new Jambi-Bandung flight route to boost tourism
- 33 trees fall in Jakarta after heavy rainfall
- Palapa Ring’s west package to be completed in Q1 of 2018
- BCA, Indonesia AirAsia sign deal on digital service cooperation
- Bali among top three destinations for Australian travelers: Official
- No escape: Climate displacement in Indonesia
- Iran Revolutionary Guards ready to back Palestinian forces
- Jakarta Council Speaker urges Anies to focus on work
- Activists slam Jokowi for lip service on human rights cases
- Trump tells NASA to send Americans to Moon