Politics hinders graft fight
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Yesterday, three years ago, Joko “Jokowi” Widodo and Jusuf Kalla were inaugurated as President and Vice President amid mounting hopes that Jokowi’s clean background could significantly boost the country’s fight against corruption, a chronic disease that has plagued the people’s right to improved welfare. A commitment to eradicate corruption was a key campaign eleme...
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Transjakarta bus crashes to avoid hitting street sweeper