Govt seeks to ensure security in Papua
Marguerite Afra Sapiie and Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The government is moving to counter the threat of violence from armed groups ahead of next year’s regional elections in Papua. The moves come on the heels of a series of shootings around the mining site of PT Freeport Indonesia (PTFI) in Tembagapura, Mimika regency, in the central highlands, with six incidents reported since August. Coordinating Political, Legal and Security Affairs ...
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Instant Noodle Longform
- Record $27.5 mn settlement in NY Catholic child sex abuse case