Airport train fare to be around Rp 100,000
The Jakarta Post
State-owned railway operator PT Kereta Api Indonesia (KAI) is about to kick off trials on the new railway link between Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Baten, and two stations in Jakarta.
The price of a trip to or from the airport will be about Rp 100,000 (US$7.4).
“The fare is being calculated, but it will be Rp 100,000 at the most. It might be less,” said PT KAI president director Edi Sukmoro when visiting Gambir Station in Central Jakarta on Tuesday, as reported by tribunnews.com.
Edi’s statement corrects an earlier statement by PT Railink, the company that will operate the airport train, which said the fare would be between Rp 100,000 and Rp 150,000.
The dry run is slated for later this month, with or without passengers.
“All of the infrastructure is ready [for operations]. We are just waiting for the trial,” Edi said.
He added that eight trains were already in Jakarta, while two more would be delivered soon. All the rolling stock was manufactured by state-owned train manufacturer PT Industri Kereta Api (INKA) in Madium, East Java.
The airport railway will have two routes, one connection to Kota Station in West Jakarta and the other to Manggarai Station in South Jakarta. (bbn)
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- Saung Angklung Udjo holds seventh Angklung Pride in Bandung
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors