Bandung Air Show aims to attract 100,000 visitors
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia’s aerospace exhibition Bandung Air Show is ready to attract visitors with an exciting array of modern aircraft and their weapons.
The exhibition, scheduled to be held from Nov. 9 to Nov. 12, will take place at Husein Sastranegara Air Force Base in Bandung, West Java.
The air force base’s commander Col. M. Iman Handojo said 100,000 people would hopefully visit the exhibition.
“Bandung Air Show is one of the most anticipated events because people can witness and experience having contact with the aerospace world,” said Husein on Wednesday.
To attract visitors, the exhibition’s organizing committee has scheduled aerobatic performances on each day of the event.
The head of the organizing committee, Lt. Col. Pramu Subroto, said the aerobatic performances would involve a Super Tucano aircraft belonging to Squadron 21 of Abdurahman Saleh Air Force Base in Malang, East Java; the Pegasus team, which would use a Colibri 120 helicopter of Air Squadron 7 from Kalijati Air Force Base in Subang; and the Asia Aero Flying Club.
Pramu said professional athletes would show their skydiving skills, while members of the Indonesian Aero Sport Federation (FASI) would show their paramotor trike acrobatic skills.
The organizing committee would showcase Amphibi (Albatros), CN-235 and N-250 aircraft built by state aircraft manufacturer PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PTDI); training aircraft owned by the Bandung Pilot Academy and state flight school Sekolah Tinggi Penerbangan Indonesia (STPI) in Curug, West Java; Jabiru, an aircraft built by students of state vocational school SMK Negeri 12; and the primary weapons defense system of the Indonesian Military. (ebf)
Public attraction: Visitors pack Husein Sastranegara Air Force Base, Bandung, West Java, to watch various aircraft on display at the 2010 Bandung Air Show. (JP/Arya Dipa)
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world