Jokowi’s daughter weds Bobby Nasution
Ganug Nugroho Adi
The Jakarta Post
Kahiyang Ayu, the daughter of President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, married Bobby Afif Nasution in a ceremony that took place at 9 a.m. local time on Wednesday at the Graha Saba Buana building in Surakarta, Central Java.
Jokowi led the wedding ceremony assisted by Banjarsari Religious Affairs Agency head Basir.
Vice President Jusuf Kalla and Indonesian Ulema Council head Ma’ruf Amin acted as witnesses for the bride while Coordinating Economic Minister Darmin Nasution and former Muhammadiyah head Safii Ma'arif acted as witnesses for the groom.
“I give the hand of my daughter Kahiyang Ayu in marriage to Muhammad Bobby Afif Nasution, son of the late Erwin Nasution, with a dowry of prayer clothes and 80 grams of gold,” said Jokowi during the ceremony.
The ceremony started when a representative of the Nasutions, Lt. Gen. Edy Rachmayadi, officially requested that Jokowi and his wife allow his daughter to marry Bobby. A positive response was give by Miyono, a representative of the bride's family.
The ceremony ended when Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) chairman Said Agil Siraj led prayers for the newly married couple. (bbn)
- Indonesia, South Korea initiate plan to develop electric car battery
- 'Real Bali' as Western construct: Rethinking tourism's 'ruination' of Bali
- Researchers spot interstellar visitor
- GenPI West Sumatra to host Siti Nurbaya Market
- Drone flown over Mount Agung to detect volcanic activity
- Malaysia and Indonesia will counter discriminative policy by EU on palm oil
- Jokowi appoints Robert Pakpahan as new tax chief
- Skype disappears from Chinese app stores in latest web crackdown
- KPK slaps travel ban on Setya’s wife
- Indonesia Tempeh Movement's Amadeus gives talk at Harvard Business School