Jokowi’s daughter weds Bobby Nasution
Ganug Nugroho Adi
The Jakarta Post
Kahiyang Ayu, the daughter of President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, married Bobby Afif Nasution in a ceremony that took place at 9 a.m. local time on Wednesday at the Graha Saba Buana building in Surakarta, Central Java.
Jokowi led the wedding ceremony assisted by Banjarsari Religious Affairs Agency head Basir.
Vice President Jusuf Kalla and Indonesian Ulema Council head Ma’ruf Amin acted as witnesses for the bride while Coordinating Economic Minister Darmin Nasution and former Muhammadiyah head Safii Ma'arif acted as witnesses for the groom.
“I give the hand of my daughter Kahiyang Ayu in marriage to Muhammad Bobby Afif Nasution, son of the late Erwin Nasution, with a dowry of prayer clothes and 80 grams of gold,” said Jokowi during the ceremony.
The ceremony started when a representative of the Nasutions, Lt. Gen. Edy Rachmayadi, officially requested that Jokowi and his wife allow his daughter to marry Bobby. A positive response was give by Miyono, a representative of the bride's family.
The ceremony ended when Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) chairman Said Agil Siraj led prayers for the newly married couple. (bbn)
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba
- One killed after Lake Toba vessel capsizes