Jokowi’s daughter weds Bobby Nasution
Ganug Nugroho Adi
The Jakarta Post
Kahiyang Ayu, the daughter of President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, married Bobby Afif Nasution in a ceremony that took place at 9 a.m. local time on Wednesday at the Graha Saba Buana building in Surakarta, Central Java.
Jokowi led the wedding ceremony assisted by Banjarsari Religious Affairs Agency head Basir.
Vice President Jusuf Kalla and Indonesian Ulema Council head Ma’ruf Amin acted as witnesses for the bride while Coordinating Economic Minister Darmin Nasution and former Muhammadiyah head Safii Ma'arif acted as witnesses for the groom.
“I give the hand of my daughter Kahiyang Ayu in marriage to Muhammad Bobby Afif Nasution, son of the late Erwin Nasution, with a dowry of prayer clothes and 80 grams of gold,” said Jokowi during the ceremony.
The ceremony started when a representative of the Nasutions, Lt. Gen. Edy Rachmayadi, officially requested that Jokowi and his wife allow his daughter to marry Bobby. A positive response was give by Miyono, a representative of the bride's family.
The ceremony ended when Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) chairman Said Agil Siraj led prayers for the newly married couple. (bbn)
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Visitors flock to Kopi Johny to talk to Hotman Paris Hutapea about legal matters
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Supreme Court receives Ahok’s case review petition
- Myanmar seizes drugs and equipment worth $7 m in lab raid