Change in customers grouping does not affect electricity tariffs
The Jakarta Post
The government will change the customers' grouping of the electricity, but it stresses that the policy will not affect electricity prices for the customers.
“The electric power of customers with 900 Volt Ampere (VA), 1,300 VA, 2,200 VA and 3,300 VA will be increased to 4,400 VA,” said the spokesman for the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry, Dadan Kusdiana, in Jakarta on Sunday as reported by tribunnews.com.
Meanwhile, the electrical power of current customers with 4,400 VA and 12,600 VA will be increased to 13,000 VA, while customers with 13,000 VA would be given unlimited electrical power.
He stressed the increase in electrical power would not affect the prices of electricity.Read also: PLN to have only single price for household customers: Minister
Previously, some speculated that the change of the PLN customers' grouping was a way for the company to increase tariffs, because currently the pricing of kilowatts per hour (kWh) of each group are different.
There are 23 million 450 VA households and 6.5 million 900 VA households, who receive a subsidy from the government.
With the new groupings, there would be customers with 450 VA and 900 VA (who are subsidized) and those with 4,400 VA, 13,000 VA and unlimited power.
Dadan said with the new grouping, it would help small-medium enterprises to get more electricity power without paying higher electricity tariffs.
He said the details of the groupings were still discussed in the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry. (bbN)
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Here comes Bui Squad: Palu inmates help earthquake, tsunami survivors
- Dark side of K-pop: The East Light leader claims years of abuse
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Saudi Arabia deployed Twitter army against critics: NY Times
- US mulls revoking recognition of transgender people: Report
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world