Bukit Duri residents call on Anies to fulfill 'kampung susun' promise
The Jakarta Post
Bukit Duri residents who won a class-action lawsuit against the Jakarta administration for evicting them from their homes in early 2016, have called on Governor Anies Baswedan to fulfill his promise of developing a kampung susun (elevated village) on their land.
“We are the victims of eviction and our homes should be replace […] Of course, if you ask us what we want, we would want a landed house, but we would also accept an elevated house,” Bukit Diri resident Muhiddin, 65, said on Tuesday as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
He added that he had yet to receive the financial compensation promised by the city for evicting him from his home as part of the Ciliwung River restoration project.
The Jakarta administration accepted the Central Jakarta District Court’s decision on Oct. 25, which ruled in favor of the residents and ordered the city to pay each of the 93 plaintiffs Rp 200 million (US$14,760).
Earlier on Monday, Ciliwung Merdeka community head Sandyawan Sumardi visited City Hall to discuss with Anies the continuation of a Bukit Duri development program.
As a result, Anies promised to visit Bukit Duri to meet with the 93 residents on Wednesday or Thursday. (wnd)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says