Taman Safari Indonesia reports man, woman to police for giving animals alcohol
The Jakarta Post
Management of a conservation park in Cisarua, Bogor, West Java, have reported a man and woman to the police for giving a hippopotamus and a deer an alcoholic drink, as shown in a video that went viral.
"We reported the two perpetrators to Cisarua Police this morning. Their actions endangered our animals and breached animal welfare norms. Hence, we decided to take the case to the police," Taman Safari Indonesia's spokesman Yulius Suprihardo told The Jakarta Post on Wednesday.
Yulius added that the park's veterinary team was currently examining the animals to determine whether the alcohol had affected their health.
Yulius thanked Instagram users for reporting the issue to Taman Safari Indonesia.
"Thank you for your concern and support toward our animals' welfare."
Animal welfare activists lambasted a man and woman known on Instagram as @philipbiondi and @alyccaaa for giving a hippopotamus and a deer red wine at Taman Safari Indonesia.
The actions were recorded and uploaded by the woman on her Instagram story before the videos went viral.
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Washington diocese names 31 former clergy accused of abuse
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem
- Man arrested for buying baby via Instagram
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- Police on high alert ahead of Indian temple opening to women
- The warning signs get stronger
- For the sake of integrity