Driver of car trapped under landslide near Soekarno-Hatta dies
The Jakarta Post
Dianti Dyah Ayu Putri, a woman who was trapped in a car beneath a collapsed retaining wall of a road near Soekarno Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten, has died on Tuesday after being treated at a hospital.
Dianti was rescued at 3 a.m., about nine hours since a landslide triggered by heavy rain on Monday evening collapsed the retaining wall just beyond the underpass on Jl. Perimeter Selatan, burying the car with Dianti and her companion, Mukhmainah, still inside.
Dianti, who was driving the car, was rushed to Mayapada Hospital in Tangerang for emergency treatment. She died at around 6:45 a.m.
Mukhmainah, was rescued from the vehicle around 7 a.m. and is currently being treated at Siloam Hospital.
"Dianti has passed away, while Mukhmainah is still receiving treatment at Siloam Hospital. Our sincere condolences," National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) spokesperson Sutopo Purwo Nugroho said on Tuesday.Read also: Landslide buries car near Soekarno-Hatta airport
The two women work for PT Garuda Maintenance Facility (GMF) AeroAsia, a subsidiary of national flag carrier Garuda Indonesia. (fac/dmr)
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Sri Mulyani criticizes poor budget planning by government institutions
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Riau ups wildfire alert status
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste
- Big Bad Wolf returns to Jakarta in March