Driver of car trapped under landslide near Soekarno-Hatta dies
The Jakarta Post
Dianti Dyah Ayu Putri, a woman who was trapped in a car beneath a collapsed retaining wall of a road near Soekarno Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten, has died on Tuesday after being treated at a hospital.
Dianti was rescued at 3 a.m., about nine hours since a landslide triggered by heavy rain on Monday evening collapsed the retaining wall just beyond the underpass on Jl. Perimeter Selatan, burying the car with Dianti and her companion, Mukhmainah, still inside.
Dianti, who was driving the car, was rushed to Mayapada Hospital in Tangerang for emergency treatment. She died at around 6:45 a.m.
Mukhmainah, was rescued from the vehicle around 7 a.m. and is currently being treated at Siloam Hospital.
"Dianti has passed away, while Mukhmainah is still receiving treatment at Siloam Hospital. Our sincere condolences," National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) spokesperson Sutopo Purwo Nugroho said on Tuesday.Read also: Landslide buries car near Soekarno-Hatta airport
The two women work for PT Garuda Maintenance Facility (GMF) AeroAsia, a subsidiary of national flag carrier Garuda Indonesia. (fac/dmr)
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims
- Indonesia, South Africa organize forum to boost economic ties
- Anwar Ibrahim: Indonesia visit to celebrate ‘Reformasi’
- Trump, Moon discuss N. Korea's threat to scrap summit