Englishman living on Tangerang riverbank after being kicked out by wife
The Jakarta Post
A 50-year-old Englishman, identified as Ian Whiteley, has reportedly been staying for months on the Angke riverbank in Tangerang, Banten, while waiting to meet his Indonesian wife.
For the last four months Ian had been trying to seek his wife, who worked in Tangerang, Central Jakarta Immigration Office's enforcement division head Muhammad Deny Firmansyah said on Monday evening.
"We have sent a letter to his wife, inviting her to come to our office tomorrow at 10 a.m. and meet her husband," Deny told The Jakarta Post.
Deny said he expected the meeting would help them settle their private matters.
Ian has been reportedly living on the riverbank following a dispute with his wife, who lives in Central Jakarta and works in Tangerang. Ian attempted to seek his wife in Tangerang and was eventually sent to the Central Jakarta Immigration Office on Sunday by officials from the Tangerang Immigration Office.
Deny said Ian was a documented foreigner and had no records of having violated Indonesian law.
Media reported that Ian was kicked out by his wife. He also claimed that he should have received monthly pension funds from his country. However, the money was sent to his wife's bank account.
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...