Perindo seen as richest party of all: Survey
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
The United Indonesia Party (Perindo), founded and led by media mogul-cum-politician Hary Tanoesoedibjo, is seen as the richest among the political parties that will participate in the 2019 general election, according to a recent survey.
The survey, released by Jakarta-based pollster Cyrus Network on Thursday, reveals that 21.1 percent of 1,230 respondents surveyed in 34 provinces across Indonesia ranks Perindo at the top of the list in terms of capital.
Behind Perindo as the richest party in the public's eyes is the ruling Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) with 17.8 percent and the Golkar Party with 12.6 percent. Meanwhile, 32.1 percent of respondents said they did not know the answer.
Perindo has declared support for the reelection of President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo, whose nomination has been endorsed by five major political parties, including the P-DIP and Golkar, in the election next year.
Perindo, as a newcomer set to take part in a legislative election for the first time, also has an electability rating of 4.3 percent, higher than four parties at the House of Representatives.
The four are the Islam-based Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) with 3.5 percent, NasDem Party with 3.3 percent, National Mandate Party (PAN) with 1.5 percent and Hanura Party with 1 percent. (ahw)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Instant Noodle Longform