Jakarta to commence 13 TOD projects along MRT phase one route
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has expressed its intention to commence 13 transit-oriented development (TOD) projects that will integrate housing and public transportation along the route of the MRT’s first phase, which spans from Lebak Bulus, South Jakarta, to the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle in Central Jakarta.
The plan was conveyed by Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno recently.
PT MRT Jakarta will be responsible for the construction, he said.
“There will be 13 TODs along the MRT’s phase one route,” Sandiaga said at City Hall on Monday, adding that the administration would coordinate with state-own firms and private companies to realize the plan.
The plan is set to commence with the construction of housing in Dukuh Atas, Setiabudi, South Jakarta, at the end of the year. The housing project which will be built where Blora Market once stood, with expected completion in 2020. (vny/iwa)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Indonesians ready to embrace cashless future