Jakarta to commence 13 TOD projects along MRT phase one route
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has expressed its intention to commence 13 transit-oriented development (TOD) projects that will integrate housing and public transportation along the route of the MRT’s first phase, which spans from Lebak Bulus, South Jakarta, to the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle in Central Jakarta.
The plan was conveyed by Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno recently.
PT MRT Jakarta will be responsible for the construction, he said.
“There will be 13 TODs along the MRT’s phase one route,” Sandiaga said at City Hall on Monday, adding that the administration would coordinate with state-own firms and private companies to realize the plan.
The plan is set to commence with the construction of housing in Dukuh Atas, Setiabudi, South Jakarta, at the end of the year. The housing project which will be built where Blora Market once stood, with expected completion in 2020. (vny/iwa)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- US policeman fatally shoots black guard who detained gunman