Indonesia hosts 15th Junior Artistic Gymnastics Asian Championships
The Jakarta Post
The 15th Junior Artistic Gymnastics Asian Championships officially opened on Wednesday with Indonesia hosting the event at Istora Senayan in Jakarta until Saturday.
The opening ceremony was attended by Youth and Sports Minister Imam Nahrawi, Indonesian Asian Games Organizing Committee (INASGOC) chief Erick Thohir and Indonesian Gymnastics Association (Persani) deputy chairwoman Ita Yuliati.
“Congratulation to Persani. I really hope the competition will run smoothly as it is a test event for the upcoming 18th Asian Games [in August and September],” said Imam in his speech, according to a statement released by the organizers. “If you find any technical glitches, please convey them directly to the sports minister, INASGOC or Persani.”
Besides being used as a test event for the Games, the competition is also a qualifier for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games, which will be held in Buenos Aires in October.
Gymnasts from 20 countries are participating in the event, which features eight competition categories for boys and six for girls. The host country is being represented by five boys and five girls.
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Latest list of Michelin stars in Seoul released
- Saudi Arabia's foreign minister to visit Indonesia
- The other side of Korea: Art, food and history
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Teen arrested for alleged rape of young earthquake survivor
- Indonesian religious minister denounces LGBT, but calls for people’s empathy