APLN claims 75% of reclaimed land buyers remain investing
The Jakarta Post
Property developer Agung Podomoro Land (APLN) has claimed that the majority of its customers who invest in reclaimed lands in North Jakarta have not pulled out their investments, despite policy uncertainty from the Jakarta administration.
“At least 75 percent of the [reclaimed land] buyers stay, and they are still waiting for the updates,” said APLN second deputy president director Indra Widjaja Antono recently, adding that most of them were the company’s loyal customers.
Indra said the remaining 25 percent of the reclaimed land buyers were shifting their investments to APLN’s other projects, most of whom invested their money in Podomoro City in West Jakarta, while the others bought properties in Podomoro Golf View in Cimanggis, Depok, West Java.
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan has scrapped draft bylaws on the North Jakarta coastal spatial plan and the zoning plan on coastal areas and small islands (RZWP3K), which served as the basis for continuing the reclamation of Jakarta Bay, from the city's legislation program (Balegda) this year.Read also: Supreme Court gives reclamation project green light
The publicly listed APLN was currently halting its activities on the reclaimed lands as it still was still for the government’s final decision on whether the reclamation project would be continued, Indra said.
"No single activity; we will obey the government and stay to the principles of good corporate governance," he said. (gda)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says