Daily mass 'iftar' events at 223 Jakarta community units during Ramadhan
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Administration plans to hold mass iftar (breaking of the fast) events starting in June, in 223 community units (RW), funded and organized by the administration and private citizens.
“Both the administration and citizens will work together for the iftar events, as well as for the funding,” Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan said on Tuesday as reported by Warta Kota.
Anies said that NGO Dompet Dhuafa and the Aksi Cepat Tanggap (ACT) foundation would receive any donations from citizens who wanted to participate in the iftar events.
“For citizens who want to participate in preparing the iftar events, ACT and Dompet Dhuafa will be the channel for them. Citizens can send donations to a bank account set up by ACT and Dompet Dhuafa, which will be distributed as iftar meals for residents. The administration will also provide some of the funding,” Anies said.
ACT vice president Imam Akbari said that Ramadhan was a time to help those in need.
“We want citizens to help each other, so we will facilitate anyone who wants to collaborate with us during the Ramadhan fasting month. We will start with iftar events, which some may regard as trivial, but it is actually precious for some of our friends,” he said.
Imam said that ACT also accepted food donations, whether raw or cooked, or volunteers who wanted to help preparing the iftar meals. (ami)
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- Lewinsky affair not an abuse of power, says Hillary Clinton
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- The warning signs get stronger
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Delayed school entry good for mental health: Study
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community