Police arrest three suspected terrorists in Tangerang
The Jakarta Post
Officers from the Tangerang Police and the National Police’s Densus 88 counterterrorism squad arrested three men suspected of being members of a terrorist group and detained a woman as a witness in raids in two separate locations in Tangerang, Banten, on Wednesday.
“We have arrested three men at two crime scenes and detained a woman as a witness,” Tangerang Police chief Harry Kurniawan said on Wednesday as reported by kompas.com.
He said the two locations were located 1 kilometer apart. The first raid was made on Jl. Gempol in Pinang, Tangerang.
“The second was in Kunciran Indah, some 1 kilometer away from the first scene,” Harry said.
He said there was no exchange of gunfire or any explosions during the arrest of the suspected terrorists.
Harry declined to reveal the identity of the three suspects. “Their names will be revealed at the National Police headquarters,” Harry said. (ami)
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad
- Under fire, Trump says he misspoke on Russia election meddling
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement