Police arrest three suspected terrorists in Tangerang
The Jakarta Post
Officers from the Tangerang Police and the National Police’s Densus 88 counterterrorism squad arrested three men suspected of being members of a terrorist group and detained a woman as a witness in raids in two separate locations in Tangerang, Banten, on Wednesday.
“We have arrested three men at two crime scenes and detained a woman as a witness,” Tangerang Police chief Harry Kurniawan said on Wednesday as reported by kompas.com.
He said the two locations were located 1 kilometer apart. The first raid was made on Jl. Gempol in Pinang, Tangerang.
“The second was in Kunciran Indah, some 1 kilometer away from the first scene,” Harry said.
He said there was no exchange of gunfire or any explosions during the arrest of the suspected terrorists.
Harry declined to reveal the identity of the three suspects. “Their names will be revealed at the National Police headquarters,” Harry said. (ami)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Indian bishop accused of raping nun steps aside as arrest calls grow
- Payment of 'uang ketok palu' is tradition, councilors admit to corruption court
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Trump defends Supreme Court pick after sex assault allegation