Police arrest three suspected terrorists in Tangerang
The Jakarta Post
Officers from the Tangerang Police and the National Police’s Densus 88 counterterrorism squad arrested three men suspected of being members of a terrorist group and detained a woman as a witness in raids in two separate locations in Tangerang, Banten, on Wednesday.
“We have arrested three men at two crime scenes and detained a woman as a witness,” Tangerang Police chief Harry Kurniawan said on Wednesday as reported by kompas.com.
He said the two locations were located 1 kilometer apart. The first raid was made on Jl. Gempol in Pinang, Tangerang.
“The second was in Kunciran Indah, some 1 kilometer away from the first scene,” Harry said.
He said there was no exchange of gunfire or any explosions during the arrest of the suspected terrorists.
Harry declined to reveal the identity of the three suspects. “Their names will be revealed at the National Police headquarters,” Harry said. (ami)
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Jambi tribes may not be able to vote in upcoming elections
- Video of Malaysian PM Mahathir driving Proton Perdana goes viral
- Police nab ‘conspiracy theorists’ following Surabaya bombings