Police arrest three suspected terrorists in Tangerang
The Jakarta Post
Officers from the Tangerang Police and the National Police’s Densus 88 counterterrorism squad arrested three men suspected of being members of a terrorist group and detained a woman as a witness in raids in two separate locations in Tangerang, Banten, on Wednesday.
“We have arrested three men at two crime scenes and detained a woman as a witness,” Tangerang Police chief Harry Kurniawan said on Wednesday as reported by kompas.com.
He said the two locations were located 1 kilometer apart. The first raid was made on Jl. Gempol in Pinang, Tangerang.
“The second was in Kunciran Indah, some 1 kilometer away from the first scene,” Harry said.
He said there was no exchange of gunfire or any explosions during the arrest of the suspected terrorists.
Harry declined to reveal the identity of the three suspects. “Their names will be revealed at the National Police headquarters,” Harry said. (ami)
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- CIA concludes Saudi Crown Prince behind Khashoggi murder: report
- Minister Wiranto's grandson drowns in garden pond
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky