Demolish all buildings on Islet D: Coalition
The Jakarta Post
The Save Jakarta Bay Coalition (KSTJ) called on Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan to immediately demolish the buildings on Islet D in Jakarta Bay.
On Sunday, the KLTJ affirmed its stance on the Jakarta Bay reclamation debacle. It called on Anies to "demolish the buildings on Islet D and to cancel his plans to form a special reclamation agency".
The governor sealed all the buildings on Islet D last Thursday and said he wanted to establish an agency that would be in charge of the Jakarta Bay reclamation project, diverting from a campaign promise to stop it.
The KLTJ said it was disappointed with Anies’ decision, adding that the buildings on Islet D have been sealed twice under the direction of former governor Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama due to the absence of construction permits. Despite this, the buildings and their supporting facilities remain intact.
The governor's plan to establish the agency under Presidential Order No. 52/1995 on the reclamation of Jakarta northern beach further raised the KLTJ's ire.
They alleged that the agency would be used by the governor to aid the reclamation process. (rfa/wit)
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand
- Trump lashes out at Russia probe as 'McCarthyism'
- Model claiming Trump secrets pleads not guilty in Thailand case
- Asian Games: We need more experience, says Indonesia wrestling team after failur...
- Four Japan athletes booted from Asian Games in prostitute scandal