Demolish all buildings on Islet D: Coalition
The Jakarta Post
The Save Jakarta Bay Coalition (KSTJ) called on Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan to immediately demolish the buildings on Islet D in Jakarta Bay.
On Sunday, the KLTJ affirmed its stance on the Jakarta Bay reclamation debacle. It called on Anies to "demolish the buildings on Islet D and to cancel his plans to form a special reclamation agency".
The governor sealed all the buildings on Islet D last Thursday and said he wanted to establish an agency that would be in charge of the Jakarta Bay reclamation project, diverting from a campaign promise to stop it.
The KLTJ said it was disappointed with Anies’ decision, adding that the buildings on Islet D have been sealed twice under the direction of former governor Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama due to the absence of construction permits. Despite this, the buildings and their supporting facilities remain intact.
The governor's plan to establish the agency under Presidential Order No. 52/1995 on the reclamation of Jakarta northern beach further raised the KLTJ's ire.
They alleged that the agency would be used by the governor to aid the reclamation process. (rfa/wit)
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Taliban kill 30 soldiers in first major attack since ceasefire, governor says
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow