Jokowi issues single window regulation to boost exports
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has signed Presidential Regulation No. 44/2018 on the Indonesia National Single Window (INSW), which is tasked with integrating export and import services, to boost exports.
Under the regulation, the submission and the processing of data and information is managed in a single process by the INSW, according to a statement published on the Cabinet Secretariat's official website setkab.go.id on Monday.
“The regulation is to help the Indonesian economy compete internationally,” the statement says.
It says that the INSW handles various documents related to the quarantine, customs and licensing processes as well as documents on seaports and airports.
“Export and import documents are submitted to relevant ministries and other government institutions through the INSW system,” according to the statement.
The INSW website, at www.insw.go.id, comes with information in both Indonesian and English .
To access the INSW system, users must obtain Hak Akses (Access Rights), which are issued by INSW system management based on a finance ministerial regulation, according to Article 7 of the presidential regulation.
The system is also equipped with a steering council, which is tasked with harmonizing policy and synchronizing processes in ministries and government institutions to improve efficiency.
The council is chaired by Coordinating Economic Minister Darmin Nasution, with ministers and other top government officials holding membership positions. (bbn)
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- 19 killed, dozens missing in floods striking N. Sumatra
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community
- Thousands march in Chicago against Trump's 'anti-woman agenda'
- Netherlands appeals court ruling that finds it liable for Indonesian's torture
- Floods, landslide kill nine in West Sumatra, Riau
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- Beauty from a Korean perspective
- Erdogan, Saudi king discuss case of missing journalist: Turkish presidency