Densus 88 arrests three in Blitar, including one doctor
The Jakarta Post
Members of the National Police's Densus 88 counterterrorism squad arrested three residents suspected of being connected with terrorist networks in Talun district, Blitar regency, East Java, on Wednesday night.
The three residents were identified only by the initials NH, SZ, and AN. Densus 88 members also raided a house owned by Nanang, a fertilizer businessman, which was being rented by NH, a general practictioner.
"[NH] had a three-year lease, but was very reclusive," Bajang neighborhood head Mislan said as quoted by kompas.com.
Mislan added that he was suspicious about what was going on in the house as previously he had been questioned by military and police officers about who was renting it.
"A week before this incident, people from the Koramil [Subdistrict Military Command] and the police came asking about the people renting the house and whether they were there or not," he said.
Talun subdistrict head Imam Harimiadi also said he had been questioned by the military and police about the house.
"We don't know what they do every day, because the door is closed," he said. "They held an event once, but it was very exclusive, not for the general public. Not just anyone could come in." (kmt)
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world