Passerby reportedly stops woman from jumping off bridge
The Jakarta Post
A passerby reportedly stopped a woman from jumping off a pedestrian bridge at the Kuningan Timur Transjakarta bus stop in South Jakarta on Saturday.
According to city-owned bus operator Transjakarta spokesperson Wibowo, the incident took place at around 8 a.m.
“The woman climbed over the guardrail and sat on it. Some passersby and Transjakarta officers tried to get her to come down but she insisted on staying there,” he said as quoted by kompas.com.
A passerby then grabbed and held onto her from behind to prevent her from jumping.
She later explained that she had been arguing with her husband and apologized for causing a scene at the bridge.
“She is on her way back home to Slipi, Kemanggisan in West Jakarta,” said Wibowo. (iwa)
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Malaysia issues arrest warrants for ex-1MDB executives
- Thailand's cave boys wake up at home for first time in weeks
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Rapes and beatings: The torments of South Korea's young athletes
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- BMKG warns of high waves around Lombok
- Russian 'agent' held on charges of seeking to infiltrate US govt