Passerby reportedly stops woman from jumping off bridge
The Jakarta Post
A passerby reportedly stopped a woman from jumping off a pedestrian bridge at the Kuningan Timur Transjakarta bus stop in South Jakarta on Saturday.
According to city-owned bus operator Transjakarta spokesperson Wibowo, the incident took place at around 8 a.m.
“The woman climbed over the guardrail and sat on it. Some passersby and Transjakarta officers tried to get her to come down but she insisted on staying there,” he said as quoted by kompas.com.
A passerby then grabbed and held onto her from behind to prevent her from jumping.
She later explained that she had been arguing with her husband and apologized for causing a scene at the bridge.
“She is on her way back home to Slipi, Kemanggisan in West Jakarta,” said Wibowo. (iwa)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Instant Noodle Longform
- Record $27.5 mn settlement in NY Catholic child sex abuse case