Passerby reportedly stops woman from jumping off bridge
The Jakarta Post
A passerby reportedly stopped a woman from jumping off a pedestrian bridge at the Kuningan Timur Transjakarta bus stop in South Jakarta on Saturday.
According to city-owned bus operator Transjakarta spokesperson Wibowo, the incident took place at around 8 a.m.
“The woman climbed over the guardrail and sat on it. Some passersby and Transjakarta officers tried to get her to come down but she insisted on staying there,” he said as quoted by kompas.com.
A passerby then grabbed and held onto her from behind to prevent her from jumping.
She later explained that she had been arguing with her husband and apologized for causing a scene at the bridge.
“She is on her way back home to Slipi, Kemanggisan in West Jakarta,” said Wibowo. (iwa)
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- CIA concludes Saudi Crown Prince behind Khashoggi murder: report
- Minister Wiranto's grandson drowns in garden pond
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky