Suspected terrorist arrested in Bogor
The Jakarta Post
The National Police’s Detachment 88 counterterrorism unit arrested on Saturday a suspected terrorist identified only by his initials TDW, 28, in a housing complex in Rawa Kalong, Bogor, West Java.
TDW was arrested on Saturday morning just minutes after he left his rented house, where he lived with his wife and two children.
Local neighborhood unit (RT) head Ali Makmur Siregar, confirmed the arrest.
“I became aware of the situation after learning that there was a raid on one of my residents’ houses,” he said on Sunday as reported by tempo.co., adding that TDW had rented the house since January.
“As far as I know, he is a herbal expert,” Ali said.
Ali said that during the raid, the police confiscated several items, including some jihad-themed books, a laptop, several flash drives, cash in rupiah and United States dollars, and a passport.
Ali said that TDW regularly welcomed guests in his house.
“The gatherings took place twice a week in his house, during which the doors were closed. There were five to seven motorcycles and the guests all wore cadar [full-face veils],” he said.
Ali said TDW and his wife rarely socialized with their neighbors.
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday