Household consumption fuels Indonesian growth
Marchio Irfan Gorbiano and Anton Hermansyah
The Jakarta Post
As President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo is running for a second term in 2019, he may be pinning his hopes on Indonesia’s consumers, who have become the country’s engine for economic growth in the second quarter this year.
The country’s gross domestic product (GDP) expanded by 5.27 percent year-on-year (yoy) during the second quarter of 2018, the highest rate ...
You might also like :
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Three elephants in Jambi relocated to prevent inbreeding
- Economic nationalism is back in Indonesia as election approaches
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- BTS cancels collaboration with Yasushi Akimoto
- Dalai Lama: I knew of sex abuse by Buddhist teachers since 1990s
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 'Kinky Boots' encourages Chinese drag queens to 'be themselves'
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods