City allocates Rp 461 million for special team organizing events at Monas
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan has established a special team tasked with reviewing and approving events held in the National Monument (Monas) area.
The team will reportedly cost Rp 461 million (US$32,000) to operate.
"This is a new service in Monas and the team needs to be given some incentive," acting Jakarta Tourism Agency head Asiantoro said on Tuesday as quoted by kompas.com.
Anies and Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno, as well as the governor's undersecretary on culture and tourism, will supervise the team, which will serve for eight months.
The team will be led by the city secretary along with his deputy assistant on economic and finance. Asiantoro will serve as secretary.
It is set to comprise the city's Assets Management Body, Tax and Levy Board, Capital and One-Stop Integrated Service Agency, Cipta Karya Planning and Land Agency, Monas management unit, the city secretariat’s cconomic bureau, the State Secretariat, the Jakarta Police and Jakarta Military Command.
Other members from the private sector are Anhar Gonggong, JJ Rizal and Asro Kamal Rokan.
The team was established based on Gubernatorial Decree No. 276/2018 issued by Anies soon after he allowed the use of Monas for civilian activities.
According to the decree, the team is obligated to check the requirements for events and review requests for activities held in the Monas area. The team would decide whether the event passes all requirements and pass its suggestion on to the governor. (vla)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack