Transjakarta bus topples over while avoiding motorcyclist
The Jakarta Post
A Transjakarta bus toppled over on Sunday morning on Jl. Tentara Pelajar in Patal Senayan, Central Jakarta, a location near Asian Games 2018 venues. PT Transjakarta spokesman Wibowo said the bus driver was attempting to avoid a motorcyclist when the accident occurred.
“There was man on a motorcycle at high speed trying to overtake the bus from the left side, which prompted the bus driver to turn the wheel in the opposite direction to avoid a collision,” he said as quoted by kompas.com.
“The incident resulted in no casualties since there were no passengers in the bus,” he added while noting that the bus driver was headed to the bus pool.
According to the Jakarta Police traffic management center, as published on its Twitter account, the toppled bus was taken from the location at around 9 a.m. and that “the traffic [on Jl. Tentara Pelajar] from Pakubuwono to Jl. Hang Tuah Raya has gone back to normal”. (vla)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Indian bishop accused of raping nun steps aside as arrest calls grow
- Payment of 'uang ketok palu' is tradition, councilors admit to corruption court
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Trump defends Supreme Court pick after sex assault allegation