Transjakarta bus topples over while avoiding motorcyclist
The Jakarta Post
A Transjakarta bus toppled over on Sunday morning on Jl. Tentara Pelajar in Patal Senayan, Central Jakarta, a location near Asian Games 2018 venues. PT Transjakarta spokesman Wibowo said the bus driver was attempting to avoid a motorcyclist when the accident occurred.
“There was man on a motorcycle at high speed trying to overtake the bus from the left side, which prompted the bus driver to turn the wheel in the opposite direction to avoid a collision,” he said as quoted by kompas.com.
“The incident resulted in no casualties since there were no passengers in the bus,” he added while noting that the bus driver was headed to the bus pool.
According to the Jakarta Police traffic management center, as published on its Twitter account, the toppled bus was taken from the location at around 9 a.m. and that “the traffic [on Jl. Tentara Pelajar] from Pakubuwono to Jl. Hang Tuah Raya has gone back to normal”. (vla)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- From Chanel to Gucci: Korean women turn into designer rent-a-holics
- Okky Madasari unearths hidden tales of Indonesia in 'Mata' series
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world