OK OCE travel prizes in limbo after Sandiaga's exit
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration’s plan to reward new members of the One District One Entrepreneurship (OK OCE) program with overseas trips has been left stranded after its founder and departing deputy governor Sandiaga Uno, who had pledged to finance the trip, withdrew from the program.
Sandiaga decided to resign as Jakarta deputy governor to run as Prabowo's running mate in the 2019 election.
“The program has been taken over by the city administration,” said OK OCE community movement (PGO) head Faransyah as quoted by kompas.com on Tuesday, suggesting that administration would take over funding for the trips.
Sandiaga, a former businessman, pledged during his term as deputy governor to reward the 40,000th OK OCE member with tickets to a religious trip abroad.
If the lucky member was a Muslim, the prize would be a trip to Mecca for umrah (minor pilgrimage), but if the winner was a Christian, it would be a trip to Jerusalem. The winner could also choose any overseas destination for their prize.
Faransyah also said that the 39,999th and 40,001th members would be rewarded trips to Bangkok, as the OK OCE program was inspired by a popular entrepreneurship program in Thailand called One Tambon One Product. The 39,998th and the 40,002th members would also receive free trips, but to domestic destinations.
Since Sandiaga is no longer actively serving as deputy governor, Faransyah said the city would take over the program, which would mean the trips would also become the administration's responsibility.
“We already have the names [of the winners],” he added. (vla)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- Garuda Indonesia records best OTP in Asia Pacific