Garuda Indonesia to close non-stop Jakarta-London service
The Jakarta Post
National flag carrier Garuda Indonesia will cease all non-stop flights serving its Jakarta-London route on Oct. 28, the airline has announced on its Twitter account (@Garuda_UK).
“With regret, we inform you that starting Oct. 28, Garuda Indonesia will no longer serve the non-stop London-Jakarta and Jakarta-London routes,” the airline posted.
Garuda also said it was coordinating with its partners to assist passengers who were affected by the service's termination, including rerouting them on flights through Amsterdam and other alternative routes.
“The London-Heatrow-Amsterdam-Jakarta [route] will continue to operate six times a week," the airline tweeted. It also advised passengers seeking to reschedule or to cancel their flights to contact the agency or outlet where they originally purchased the tickets.
“For passengers who bought tickets through UK Garuda Indonesia website, please email to: [email protected] or call to 0062 212 3519999," the post said.
The Jakarta-London-Jakarta non-stop service opened in October 2017. (bbn)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Indian bishop accused of raping nun steps aside as arrest calls grow
- Payment of 'uang ketok palu' is tradition, councilors admit to corruption court
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Trump defends Supreme Court pick after sex assault allegation