Garuda Indonesia to close non-stop Jakarta-London service
The Jakarta Post
National flag carrier Garuda Indonesia will cease all non-stop flights serving its Jakarta-London route on Oct. 28, the airline has announced on its Twitter account (@Garuda_UK).
“With regret, we inform you that starting Oct. 28, Garuda Indonesia will no longer serve the non-stop London-Jakarta and Jakarta-London routes,” the airline posted.
Garuda also said it was coordinating with its partners to assist passengers who were affected by the service's termination, including rerouting them on flights through Amsterdam and other alternative routes.
“The London-Heatrow-Amsterdam-Jakarta [route] will continue to operate six times a week," the airline tweeted. It also advised passengers seeking to reschedule or to cancel their flights to contact the agency or outlet where they originally purchased the tickets.
“For passengers who bought tickets through UK Garuda Indonesia website, please email to: [email protected] or call to 0062 212 3519999," the post said.
The Jakarta-London-Jakarta non-stop service opened in October 2017. (bbn)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- No nutrients lost in rendang despite long cooking period, research says
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Basarnas ends search for Lion Air crash victims
- Anti-LGBT sentiment rises ahead of elections
- Lion Air crash: 'I’m sure dad could swim his way out and survive the crash'
- Singapore Airlines to move to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 3
- When Jokowi’s ‘other women’ let their hair down
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route