Media giants' support for Jokowi could backfire
Karina M. Tehusijarana
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM As the presidential election campaign period nears, media tycoons have flocked to President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo's camp, raising concerns that slanted media coverage could give the incumbent an unfair advantage in his bid for reelection. Media analysts and observers, however, have said that while support from television and press outlets was a plus for Jokowi's campaign, it wa...
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- Transjakarta bus crashes to avoid hitting street sweeper