Bogor city tour bus to operate on weekends
The Jakarta Post
The newly launched free Bogor city tour bus is set to operate from Friday to Sunday every week.
The bus, called Uncal (Unforgettable city tour at lovable city), is scheduled to operate this weekend with stops including the Bogor Botanical Garden and Bogor Palace, said Bogor Mayor Bima Arya Sugiarto on Wednesday.
"Since we currently only have one bus available, its operation will be limited from point to point, departing from Botani Square and returning there again, free of charge," he said as quoted by kompas.com.
As Bogor's first city tour bus, the bright blue-colored vehicle is equipped with 13 two-person passenger seats, meaning it can accommodate a total of 25 passengers per trip.
Bima said that the administration planned to gradually add more buses. "We need at least six buses to serve six districts in Bogor," he said, adding that it encouraged private companies to contribute in providing the buses. The first unit is said to be donated by BJB Bank.
"Hopefully, when we have more city tour buses, they can help decrease traffic congestion. So tourists who arrive in Bogor will not have to use private vehicles to explore the city."
The name of the bus is the result of a competition held among Bogor residents. During Uncal's first weekend in operation, Bima will reportedly be the tour guide and accompany visitors circling the West Java city. (kes)
You might also like :
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Delayed abortion regulation denies sexual abuse victims’ rights: Critics
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017
- RI awaits official KL apology on SEA Games 'flag incident’: Sports minister