Borobudur temple hosts new monthly dance performance
The Jakarta Post
State-owned company Taman Wisata Candi is now hosting a Kidung Karmawibhangga dance performance at the Borobudur temple complex in Magelang regency, Central Java.
Held in collaboration with theYayasan Brayat Penangkaran Borobudur foundation, the monthly show kicked off in February and is slated to run every second Saturday of the month.
“The [dance] is performed on the Lumbini Park Stage [inside] Borobudur temple,” said Sucoro, the foundation’s founder, as reported by tempo.co.
(Read also: 10,000 dancers to perform Saman Dance in Aceh)
Sucoro said the performance showcased stories inspired by the Karmawibangga reliefs carved into the ground floor of the Borobudur Temple.
Yayasan Brayat Penangkaran Borobudur has developed three stories, namely Prahara Bumi Shambarabudara (Shambarabudara Earth Tempest), Kisah Asmara di Bukit Karmawibhangga (Love Story in Karmawibhangga Hill) and Pangeran Bajang (Bajang Prince).
Eight groups of local artists will take turns performing the dance. These groups come from the Magelang, Wonosobo, Temanggung and Boyolali regencies in Central Java. (jes/kes)
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- Obama’s visit to boost Indonesia’s tourism
- Bumi Resources finally obtains effective statement to restructure debt
- Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered