Borobudur temple hosts new monthly dance performance
The Jakarta Post
State-owned company Taman Wisata Candi is now hosting a Kidung Karmawibhangga dance performance at the Borobudur temple complex in Magelang regency, Central Java.
Held in collaboration with theYayasan Brayat Penangkaran Borobudur foundation, the monthly show kicked off in February and is slated to run every second Saturday of the month.
“The [dance] is performed on the Lumbini Park Stage [inside] Borobudur temple,” said Sucoro, the foundation’s founder, as reported by tempo.co.
(Read also: 10,000 dancers to perform Saman Dance in Aceh)
Sucoro said the performance showcased stories inspired by the Karmawibangga reliefs carved into the ground floor of the Borobudur Temple.
Yayasan Brayat Penangkaran Borobudur has developed three stories, namely Prahara Bumi Shambarabudara (Shambarabudara Earth Tempest), Kisah Asmara di Bukit Karmawibhangga (Love Story in Karmawibhangga Hill) and Pangeran Bajang (Bajang Prince).
Eight groups of local artists will take turns performing the dance. These groups come from the Magelang, Wonosobo, Temanggung and Boyolali regencies in Central Java. (jes/kes)
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Government to crack down on fake supporters of Pancasila