Aceh setting itself up as Muslim-friendly destination for tourists
Ni Nyoman Wira
The Jakarta Post
Aceh is set to hold a series of regional events throughout the year under its “Light of Aceh” campaign.
Comprising both international and national-level events, the campaign aims to support Aceh as a Muslim-friendly destination and revive the region's religious values to attract travelers.
From late March onwards, the Aceh Culture and Tourism Agency has scheduled a total of 34 events such as the Maulid Raya in Banda Aceh, the Aceh Dirt Bike Adventure in April in Bener Meriah regency, the Aceh Islamic Fashion Parade in Banda Aceh in May, the Banda Aceh coffee and culinary festivals in August and Sail Sabang in November.
The agency’s head, Reza Fahlevi, said “Light of Aceh” was part of the Tourism Ministry's “Wonderful Indonesia” program.
The events listed in the “Light of Aceh” campaign. (disbudpar.acehprov.go.id/File)
“The number of local and foreign tourists to Aceh is increasing every year,” he said in a press release, adding that the region welcomed more than 2 million travelers last year, consisting of 76,452 foreign and 2,077,797 domestic visitors.
“Hopefully, this campaign will help build a positive image about Aceh and also promote its potential for a diverse culture,” said Reza.
As part of the campaign, the agency will promote various trip packages through social media and Android apps.
An official tourist website is currently being developed. (kes)
- Govt picks Inalum to buy Freeport’s shares
- First Karangasem Travel Mart a huge success
- BNPB prepared for Mount Agung eruption: Head
- Tourism Ministry attracts European investors at London's 'Indonesia Briefing'
- HIV/AIDS prevention should also focus on men, not just sex workers: Djarot
- Deutsche Bank interested in helping SOEs buy Freeport’s shares
- Startup investment grows 60 times in five years: Research
- New 'ghost' orchid species discovered on Java
- Sleepy driver crashes sports car into Transjakarta lane separator
- Melania ads removed following Trump lawyer's complaint