Dozens of overseas buyers visit Banten Travel Mart 2017
The Jakarta Post
The Banten Travel Mart (BTM) 2017, a three-day event ending on Friday, has been deemed successful, thanks to a large number of buyers for services offered by more than 30 sellers.
Forty-two of a total of 170 buyers attending BTM 2017 had come from oversees: 30 from Malaysia, four from China, four from Singapore and four from Mongolia.
“This [event] is one of the strategies to push Tanjung Lesung as a priority place for tourism development,” said the Tourism Ministry's deputy minister in charge archipelago tourism marketing development, Esthy Reko Astuti.
Located in the regency of Banten, Tanjung Lesung has been declared a Special Economic Zone (KEK) and has been included in a list of 10 tourist destinations prioritized by the ministry.
Apart from Tanjung Lesung, the regency also has other interesting attractions that have been dubbed the Seven Wonders of Banten, namely Banteng Lama, Ujung Kulon National Park, Sangiang Island, the Baduy tribe, Umang Island, Mount Krakatau and the Dano swamp. (kes)
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- House inquiry team to meet National Police to ‘straighten things out’
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Beijing's new mega airport will challenge Air China's dominance
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- Police question witnesses following Kerobokan prison escape
- Police to make sketch of Novel Baswedan attacker