Dozens of overseas buyers visit Banten Travel Mart 2017
The Jakarta Post
The Banten Travel Mart (BTM) 2017, a three-day event ending on Friday, has been deemed successful, thanks to a large number of buyers for services offered by more than 30 sellers.
Forty-two of a total of 170 buyers attending BTM 2017 had come from oversees: 30 from Malaysia, four from China, four from Singapore and four from Mongolia.
“This [event] is one of the strategies to push Tanjung Lesung as a priority place for tourism development,” said the Tourism Ministry's deputy minister in charge archipelago tourism marketing development, Esthy Reko Astuti.
Located in the regency of Banten, Tanjung Lesung has been declared a Special Economic Zone (KEK) and has been included in a list of 10 tourist destinations prioritized by the ministry.
Apart from Tanjung Lesung, the regency also has other interesting attractions that have been dubbed the Seven Wonders of Banten, namely Banteng Lama, Ujung Kulon National Park, Sangiang Island, the Baduy tribe, Umang Island, Mount Krakatau and the Dano swamp. (kes)
- UPDATED: Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- Global drug rings target Indonesia after shifting from Philippines: BNN
- Medieval Europe’s ‘divine obsession’ with Indonesian spices
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Halal certification shouldn’t burden industry: F&B producers
- Lawmakers turn up in droves for election bill showdown