Dozens of overseas buyers visit Banten Travel Mart 2017
The Jakarta Post
The Banten Travel Mart (BTM) 2017, a three-day event ending on Friday, has been deemed successful, thanks to a large number of buyers for services offered by more than 30 sellers.
Forty-two of a total of 170 buyers attending BTM 2017 had come from oversees: 30 from Malaysia, four from China, four from Singapore and four from Mongolia.
“This [event] is one of the strategies to push Tanjung Lesung as a priority place for tourism development,” said the Tourism Ministry's deputy minister in charge archipelago tourism marketing development, Esthy Reko Astuti.
Located in the regency of Banten, Tanjung Lesung has been declared a Special Economic Zone (KEK) and has been included in a list of 10 tourist destinations prioritized by the ministry.
Apart from Tanjung Lesung, the regency also has other interesting attractions that have been dubbed the Seven Wonders of Banten, namely Banteng Lama, Ujung Kulon National Park, Sangiang Island, the Baduy tribe, Umang Island, Mount Krakatau and the Dano swamp. (kes)
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- Government prepares Rp 94.53t in energy subsidies for next year
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- 19 Jambi pilgrims die of 'natural causes' during haj
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Garuda delays plan to purchase planes
- People are delusional about PKI: Law and human rights minister