National banks support tourism efforts in Belitung
The Jakarta Post
On April 28, a number of youngsters from Kelapa Kampit district in East Belitung took part in a one-month English language program. The program was the result of a partnership between youth organization Kelapa Kampit District Karang Taruna and the ASEAN Community Youth Center.
“This program aims to support tourism at the Gunong Kik Karak Geopark in East Belitung,” said Larasati, the Tourism Ministry’s head of the Tanjung Kelayang 10 Priority Destinations team.
Belitung also received support from national banks such as Bank Central Asia (BCA), which sent its corporate social responsibility (CSR) team to work with communities to help develop the geopark.
“Apart from training, [the funding from] BCA’s CSR was used for facilities in the geosite,” Larasati said.
Meanwhile, the Indonesian State Bank (BNI) as part of their effort to help local communities boost tourism held a meeting with business practitioners from tourist villages in Belitung.
Moreover, in an effort to include Belitung in the UNESCO Global Geoparks list, the Geopark Belitung Agency recently attended the Langkawi Conference in Malaysia on May 8 to 12. (asw)
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Indika completes acquisition of Kideco
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Israel minister calls for boycott of Arab area after riot