National banks support tourism efforts in Belitung
The Jakarta Post
On April 28, a number of youngsters from Kelapa Kampit district in East Belitung took part in a one-month English language program. The program was the result of a partnership between youth organization Kelapa Kampit District Karang Taruna and the ASEAN Community Youth Center.
“This program aims to support tourism at the Gunong Kik Karak Geopark in East Belitung,” said Larasati, the Tourism Ministry’s head of the Tanjung Kelayang 10 Priority Destinations team.
Belitung also received support from national banks such as Bank Central Asia (BCA), which sent its corporate social responsibility (CSR) team to work with communities to help develop the geopark.
“Apart from training, [the funding from] BCA’s CSR was used for facilities in the geosite,” Larasati said.
Meanwhile, the Indonesian State Bank (BNI) as part of their effort to help local communities boost tourism held a meeting with business practitioners from tourist villages in Belitung.
Moreover, in an effort to include Belitung in the UNESCO Global Geoparks list, the Geopark Belitung Agency recently attended the Langkawi Conference in Malaysia on May 8 to 12. (asw)
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Holidaying Malaysian students rapped for bad behavior in Japan
- Palembang to highlight Sriwijaya kingdom, Asian Games in upcoming festival
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Here’s how to sleep better and wake up without feeling tired
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Central government certifies islets C and D